Saturday, July 23, 2011

Celebrating a year

Today is a very special day, it is my 1st Anniversary of being married to Natalie R Collins. For me, it was amazing to find love so late in my life...to tell the truth I didn't believe I would live this long.
For our close friends and family (blood as well as the adopted ones) thank you for your support.
Two major surgeries during the last year for Natalie have at times put a strain on our relationship. The continued battle over the discrimination that forced me to accept a disability retirement has not helped.
It is never easy for middle-aged people to start a new lifetime relationship...we are set in our ways, have the baggage of our lives dragging behind us...and these quirks tend to show themselves at the worst possible moment.
It hasn't been easy for either of us, but this first year has been wonderful in so many ways, that the little day to day difficulties of a relationship are eclipsed by the love we share.
Thanks for putting up with me, Natalie. I love you today more than I did when I asked you to spend the rest of your life with me.
Thanks for all the support!

2 comments:

  1. We share anniversary dates. I just wish I'd been able to make your wedding, but I was there in heart. To another decade or four - congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We may have to work something out during those four decades to meet somewhere and celebrate.

    ReplyDelete