Thursday, November 4, 2010

Becoming concerned...

The other day, I had some concerns, because someone made a statement that they are not my "stalker," but they agreed with most of what my "stalker" wrote.  I added a tracking device gadget, just so I could see where these comments were coming from. Now I am becoming a bit concerned. I know my blog has become more and more popular without a real reason, the counter that comes with blogspot has me getting 50-60 hits daily...even when I don't add a new blog. I was warned that the tracker might hurt my self-esteem...well, it didn't...actually, it scared me...and at the same time, it seems to have proven my assertion of harassment at my last place of employment before being approved for a disability retirement. Now, I am concerned about the obvious obsession by someone there. Over a month after my last day, I am still having my blog tracked. 20 hits in one night from a suspicious IP Address and 3 hits the next day from the computer where I used to work...or at least the same IP Address as the office computer. I know that no one would have such bad professional ethics as to use office equipment for personal gain...shucks, you could get fired for that.


Okay, so I am a bit of a technophobe myself, and really got this information from someone that knows more than I do about computers and how to find out or verify where information is coming from. Techno sleuth...showed me how to verify an ISP (Internet Service Provider) and go a step beyond to verify an IP Address (Internet Protocol Address). While many people can use a single computer, most computers require that you log on and most businesses have IT people who can verify who signed on to what equipment and for how long.

So, my question at large is this, should I feel threatened by this abnormal behavior on the part of someone who appears to be obsessed with knowing what I am doing every minute??

Like the famous line says: "I'm not paranoid, they really are out to get me."

I really dislike that the tracking device has proven that there is someone so obsessed with vindicating themselves, that they are truly stalking me. On the other hand, it's nice to know that you can actually quantitate someone's dislike, bullying and abnormal behavior with a few simple clicks of a mouse.

I really am glad we are slipping off for a well-deserved vacation on a tropical island...and calling it our honeymoon. I'm also glad that my case has been proven by the perpetrator time and time again...and I have it logged...lol

When we get back, I think I will take this information and go get a restraining order...this type of behavior will not and cannot be tolerated.

2 comments:

  1. It also makes me want to add, some people need to get a life. Enjoy the honeymoon - it's with one of my favorite people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cele...my favorite person too...we will have the time of our lives!
    And, I know that no one will be stalking us there.
    I'll post a few pics when we get back!

    ReplyDelete