Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Enough Politics!!

I'll never understand why the uneducated vote more than those with knowledge...that would have to be the case in this midterm election. It would seem that Fox has fooled the majority, sad when the media and Corporate America control the political direction of the country.

Enough, on to something that doesn't make my skin crawl.

Are you wanting to hear more of a song before you download it? Then you will be happy with iTunes new policy of extending previews. I know it will make a big difference around our house, we still have teens. Then there is the adopted daughter that lives for her music...she needs it for choreography.

And if you still live in a cave, you may not have noticed that Facebook is using smaller text on it's news feeds...maybe they are trying to tell us bi-focal and reading glass wearing oldsters we shouldn't be playing Farmerville or chatting with our FB friends around the world.

Speaking of Facebook, they are hosting a huge mobile event at 1:30 ET today...they won't tell us what it is all about, but there is lots of speculation. Look for changes when using a mobile device. They might even preview the new Android Platform.


Why the technology wave today? Last night, I was once again visited by an unpleasant stalker...maybe not the same one, but one that thinks a blog should be about controversy.  If that is what you are seeking here, you probably won't find what you are after. I don't want or need drama...I'm retired, I don't have to take BS from anyone.
 So my dear wife up loaded a tracking device to my blog site...wow, is that TMI? I don't like the "Big Brother" role. It is a protective device that will allow me to block specific IP address that become a problem. I write my blog for me, about what interests me. I don't do it for a profit, out of narcissism or to make myself known. If you enjoy things about Birds, Wine, Environmental issues and the occasional rant about stupid people (I'll try not to include you ;-P), then keep coming back and reading. If you aren't interested, there is so much more to do out there with your time, take a walk, play on Facebook or have a yard sale.










Birds: The Northern Utah Show and Auction will be held on the 13th of Novemeber, for more information contact me. I am donating four of my DeKlak breeders from CBS out of imports. This family has won several 300 mile races for me and other club members. They also have a winning record in Texas. They are not the best for futurity races, but the second and third year, they are terrors. They also have crossed well with speed birds, to produce fair-weather winners. When crossed on to Dennis Weinreich's (Chico, CA) long distance family they have produced 600 mile day birds.

Honey: One gallon of mead in the process, planned to use at a local friend's wine tasting in May. Plan ahead...with wine, you need 6 months notice and a year would be even better.

4 comments:

  1. I guess I"m one of the "uneducated" voters because I happen to watch Fox news. AND I did vote yesterday. But the real paradox is if I'm so "uneducated" then how come is it I love nature and hate politics? I'll leave that to the "educated" to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good points, but since I know that tiny town you live in only gets PBS and Fox, I suppose you had a 50/50 chance.
    If you got out and voted, I can't say anything bad...you now have a right to gripe or cheer...something those that didn't vote don't have a right to, but will do at length!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted, I love nature, hate politics, can't figure out why Americans are so "I want change yesterday, wait I've changed my mind." Don't get it, but I keep trying. I'm also not paranoid enough to think you meant me. Even if you voted opposit me, thank you for voting.

    Watch out for the tracker, I put one on both my blogs a few years ago, Drats, they're addictive and can be ego deflating all at the same time. The upside, you get to blog those annoying idiots who are self important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cele, and thanks for voting...of course I didn't mean you!
    I really just needed the tracker, so I could capture the IP Address, now I have it, showing 11 hits from the same IP Addy connected to the comments...funny thing, I think I know where they were coming from...will just turn it over to the authorities and let them investigate so I can get a restraining order.

    ReplyDelete