Friday, November 19, 2010

Water Settlement



We are back from Hawaii, and trying to catch up. Having caught this article, I had to at least make mention of it before getting back to work. Water rights in the west have led to more than one homicide, and a lot of bad blood. I will be keeping an eye on this one, since it may have far-reaching effects on those down-river.

Yesterday, Navajo President Joe Shirley Jr. signed off on a water agreement that has been some time in making for the Navajo Nation. Shirley is confident in his negotiators and feels the best deal possible has been reached.  The agreement provides 31,000 acre-feet of water a year from the basin, any unclaimed flows from the Little Colorado River, and nearly unlimited access to two aquifers beneath the reservation.


Birds: The DeKlak birds that I donated to the Ogden Racing Pigeon Club brought $1,000 to the club, hopefully making it possible to attract new fliers with lower shipping costs for next year's races.





Honey: We tried a locally vinted mead while in Hawaii that was brewed with black tea. Although too dry for my taste, I am sure it would be a hit with my red-wine drinking friends.

1 comment:

  1. mmm - that black tea wine - sounds interesting. I'm a big fan o dry wines
    ...wally

    ReplyDelete