Monday, September 6, 2010

Nature, Birds and Mead

The beginning of a blog...how did they talk me into this?

Labor Day and a Labor of Love...

Nature:  

The Idea of expanding the number of wolf kills in the lower 48 is saddening to me.  The statistics and numbers to not add up to create a need for this.  Most of the ranchers that are complaining about livestock losses are grazing on public land for next to nothing...it's been going on for generations...their grandfathers and great grandfathers are the reason for no wolves remaining in the first place.  Since reintroduction, they estimate the population in Montana, Idaho and Wyoming at 1700...and they have "harvested" 1400 during the reintroduction period.

Birds: I-race in Beaver Utah is the only futurity race I entered this year.  Scheduled to take place on 25 September, I still have 3 birds in the race...wish me and them luck!

Mead: Just finished off the gallon I started in February...with the cost of honey, looking for patrons to provide enough to start another 5 gallon batch...let me know.

Oh, and last Wednesday, I was informed that after 4 years, 6 months and 17 days they have approved my disability retirement!  I will be looking for part time, non-physical employment to fill the gaps of a fixed income.

Birdman

7 comments:

  1. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39017137/ns/us_news-environment/

    And Natalie will show me how to write Html...lol

    Okay, so I forgot the reference, give me a small break on my first blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pledge for mead. We'l talk. (since I drank most of it....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. JA, I'll make labels with your name and picture on them...or maybe some of your gorgeous artwork. How does "Semi-Mad Mead" sound?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the name Semi Mad Mead...just want an original JulieAnn to use as a background on the label...maybe buy the original and put it in the winery...lol

    ReplyDelete